This is a comfortable group tour that visits the highlights of Saudi Arabia, one of the most friendly, beautiful and historic Kingdoms in the Middle East. We travel by private buses, 4×4’s and domestic flights to reach our destinations quickly and we stay in 3 & 4 star hotels and local guest houses to ensure your comfort at all times. The relaxed itinerary gives you time to visit all the sites at a leisurely pace and local guides will provide information about the places we visit. Travelling on this tour is a fun and hassle-free way to visit the best of what Saudi Arabia has to offer!
Length: 15 days, 14 nights
Accommodation: 3 & 4 star hotels, resorts and local guest houses
Meals: 14 breakfasts & 6 evening meals provided
Transport: private buses, 4×4’s & domestic flights
Age restrictions: none, all ages are welcome
Group size: 10 is average, minimum is 5, maximum is 30
Our itinerary has been designed to show you the best of Saudi Arabia in a comfortable timeframe. The itinerary rarely changes on this tour but please be prepared to accept minor itinerary changes in the event we encounter any problems.
This tour starts in Riyadh where we meet at our hotel at 14H00 to check in and have a quick pre-departure meeting. This afternoon we will then visit the National Museum and Murabba Palace, 2 of Riyadh’s most historically interesting sites.
This evening we will take the 180kph lift up the 99th floor of the Kingdom Tower where you can brave a walk across the Sky Bridge for unsurpassed views over the city.
We end our evening at the Najdi Village where you are invited to join us for a group welcome dinner at a traditional Saudi restaurant before retiring to the comfort of your 4 star hotel.
This morning after breakfast we will venture into the old part of the city and visit Masmak Fortress, a mudbrick museum showcasing one of Saudi’s most important historical landmarks.
We continue to the mud-brick ruins of the ancient town of Diriyah, a UNESCO heritage site where the At-Turaif open-air museum showcases quintessential Najdi architecture.
This afternoon we will take 4×4’s to visit The Edge of the World, a dramatic escarpment that rises steeply out of the rocky desert floor offering uninterrupted views of the horizon, best viewed at sunset.
This evening we return to our 4 star hotel in Riyadh where you have the rest of the night free to relax and enjoy a meal at a local restaurant.
After breakfast we travel to the cultural heritage village of Ushaiger, a living museum where you can wander through the maze of twisting alleyways that lead to hundreds of yellow mud houses displaying traditional Najdi architecture.
We end our day in the town of Buraidah, famous for its date farms and a camel market which we visit early the following morning.
Tonight we stay at a 4 star hotel in Buraidah and you have the evening free to relax or explore the town at your leisure.
An early rise today and we are off to the world’s largest camel market on the dusty outskirts of Buraidah where thousands of camels, goats and sheep are traded each morning. This lively market is an attack on the senses and a true Saudi experience!
This afternoon we reach the town of Hail where we have sunset at Hail Hilltop for outstanding views over Hail city including views of the mud fort of Aarif and the Qishla mud palace.
This evening we will stay at a 3 star hotel in Hail where you have the evening free to relax or explore the town at your leisure.
This morning we will visit the ancient rock art at Jubbah. This area was once an oasis where thousands of years ago the Arab ancestors left traces of their passages in numerous petroglyphs in the rock face including representations of humans, lions, ibex, horses, camels and ostrich.
In the afternoon we continue our journey to the oasis of AlUla where we will have the following day free to explore this area of outstanding natural beauty & history.
After checking into our 3 star accommodation in AlUla you will have the option to visit the old town at night where you are free to explore this quaint area and have dinner at a local restaurant.
We start the day by visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Hegra (Madain Saleh) where we find well-preserved tombs with magnificent facades carved into the sandstone rocks by the Nabataean civilization nearly two thousand years ago.
This afternoon we will visit the Lion Tombs of Dedan, a site that predates Hegra where the kings of Dedan were laid to rest with some of the most important tombs displaying lions carved at their entrances.
AlUla is an area not only famous for its ancient tombs but also for its natural beauty and today we spend sunset at the iconic Elephant Rock where nature has created an enormous geological feature resembling an elephant.
Please note that our timings to visit all the sites at AlUla today may vary depending on how many tourists are at each of the sites so be prepared to be fluid.
Today we will drive through Lawrence of Arabia country where in WW1 the Arab tribes frequently sabotaged the famous Hejaz Railway line that ran from Damascus to Medina. Along our route we will stop at an historic site that displays the remnants of this bygone era including rusting train carriages and an abandoned train station.
This afternoon we will arrive at the holy city of Medina. Officially the city centre and Prophet’s Mosque remain off-limits to tourists but muslims are welcome to visit and reports of non-muslims visiting these sites are becoming more common. Your time in Medina is free for you to explore as many of the historic sites as possible on your own.
This evening we will stay at a comfortable 3 star hotel in Medina.
This morning we will visit one of Saudi’s most dramatic natural wonders, Al Wahbah crater. At 4km wide & 250m deep this volcanic crater offers you the chance to walk along the rim for outstanding views over the vast hollow with an opaque lake at its centre.
This afternoon our journey ascends into the mountains and on a cool plateau we reach Taif, the City of Roses, famous all over Arabia for its colourful rose farms. Tonight we will visit the Central Market where we wander through the labyrinth of narrow alleys and discover stalls selling everything from rich local honey to fragrant rose water.
This evening you are invited to a group dinner before spending the night at our 3 star hotel in Taif.
This morning we will visit a rose farm in Taif before reaching the ancient port of Jeddah, the cosmopolitan hub of the country displaying a vibrant mix of new and old. After checking into our hotel and a quick lunch you have the opportunity to visit the lively corniche, a beautiful walkway along the Red Sea coast which also offers a wonderful view of the Al Rahma floating Mosque and King Fahd’s fountain which at 312 metres high makes it the world’s tallest fountain.
This evening you are invited to a traditional Arabic group dinner at a popular local restaurant before returning to our 3 star hotel.
This morning we will visit the UNESCO listed historic centre of Jeddah, Al Balad, where narrow alleyways lead you to spice-scented souqs, art galleries, quirky cafes & traditional bakeries. Some of the old coral merchants’ houses and mosques have been carefully restored and turned into living museums of which Naseef House and Al Shafee Mosque are two of the finest examples.
This afternoon we take a trip to the Tayebat City Museum where you can learn all about Jeddah’s 2500 year history through a collection of over 60,000 items including ancient coins & manuscripts, Arabic weaponry, traditional Saudi costumes and fine art.
You will have this evening free to explore more of Jeddah at your leisure and enjoy the comforts of our 3 star hotel.
This morning we will fly to Jazan in the southeastern part of the country and from there we catch the afternoon ferry to the Farasan Islands, an idyllic archipelago made up of more than 80 islands with pristine coral reefs and white sand beaches.
After checking into our resort you are invited to a group dinner to sample some of the country’s best seafood.
This morning you are invited to join the group for a 4 hour boat tour around the archipelago to enjoy some of the area’s best beaches & snorkelling.
After lunch we will then visit Al Qassar sandstone village and explore the historic Pearl Merchants Neighbourhood, the 2 most historic highlights of the Farasan Islands.
Today we catch the early ferry back to Jazan where we meet our bus and continue up to Rijal Almaa, a village displaying dark block-like fortresses elegantly studded with white quartz. The men of the village wear colourful wrap-around skirts and adorn themselves with floral wreaths which give them the nickname the Flower Men.
Later in the afternoon we reach the town of Muhayil where we spend the night at our 3 star hotel and you have the evening free to enjoy some of Saudi’s more modern conveniences.
This morning a snaking road leads us up to the Asir province, so named after the local Asir tribe. This is an entirely different face of the Kingdom with the area boasting big mountains and lush vegetation, a huge contrast to the desert landscapes further north.
We head directly into the beautiful Asir National Park and explore this area of outstanding natural beauty which is home to troops of Hamadryas baboons and incredible views of Saudi Arabia’s highest peak, Mt. Soudah (3000m).
After lunch we visit the hanging village of Al Habala which is dramatically perched on the ledge of a sheer cliff. Built nearly 400 years ago by the Qahtan tribe and only accessible by rope ladders, this village is the only one of its kind in the Kingdom.
We continue on to Al Yanfa, a village that sits atop a warren of underground tunnels which resembles something out of a fairytale. Wandering through the labyrinth of low ceilinged tunnels is an experience not to be missed.
Tonight we spend our final evening of the tour in a 3 star hotel in Abha, a town famous for its mud-walled Shada Palace, a showpiece of traditional Asir architecture. This evening you are invited to attend a group farewell dinner to say goodbye to your crew and fellow travellers.
After breakfast today we catch a flight from Abha to Riyadh where our tour ends upon arrival at Riyadh airport, usually around midday. For your own peace of mind please do not book your flight home before 18H00 today. You can arrange a 3 hour PCR test at the airport if you need one to return home.
If you need any extra nights accommodation in Riyadh your tour leader will be happy to help arrange that for you.
HOW TO BOOK
To make a booking please fill in our online booking form and then pay a £300 deposit by Bank Transfer, Paypal, Wise or Credit/Debit Card.
Once we receive your online booking form and deposit we will confirm your booking by email and send you all relevant information necessary for your tour preparations.
The Tour Payment of £2995 is the total payment for your trip and is payable in the UK in GBP (£ Sterling). In order to reserve a place on this tour you must pay £300 as a deposit. The balance of your tour payment (£2695) must then be paid in full at least four months prior to the tour start date. If you book within 4 months of the departure date the full Tour Payment of £2995 should be paid upon booking.
The Tour Payment can be paid by Bank Transfer, Paypal, Wise or Credit/Debit Card.
Bank Details for Direct Transfers
Please use your full name as a reference when paying by direct transfer.
Account name: Madventure Ltd.
Sort code: 400810
Account number: 91618415
IBAN : GB14HBUK40081091618415
Swift/Bank BIC: HBUKGB4B
Branch BIC: HBUKGB4116A
Bank address: HSBC Bank, 6 High Street, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 5AZ, United Kingdom
Please use your full name as a reference when paying by Paypal.
Paypal account name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t have a Paypal account? Create one now – www.paypal.com
Please use your full name as a reference when paying by Wise.
Wise offers a cheap and fast international money transfer service where you can choose to make a payment using either your bank account or credit/debit card.
Don’t have a Wise account? Create one now – www.wise.com
Credit/Debit Card Payments
Call us on +44 7712 225 438 in order to make a Credit/Debit Card payment over the phone.
We have designed this tour to be comfortable and avoid long drives wherever possible.
Most of the time we will be travelling in private air-conditioned buses and 4×4’s. There are also 2 domestic flights, from Jeddah to Jazan and from Abha to Riyadh, as the drive between these places is time consuming without much to see along the way. Flights are not included but are generally quite cheap and will be booked separately during the tour.
All breakfasts will be provided during this tour, usually at the hotel before we start the day’s activities.
We include 6 evening meals during this tour, usually a welcome dinner in Riyadh, a few traditional group dinners along the way and a farewell dinner in Abha. The rest of the evening meals are at your own expense.
We do not include any lunches during this tour so this is a good time to sample the local food.
Arabian food is absolutely delicious and also inexpensive by western standards so we are sure you will enjoy sampling the local dishes as much as possible.
Please bear in mind that in Saudi Arabia the availability of western style food may be limited outside of the big towns.
Hotels and restaurants do cater for vegetarians but the dishes may not be exactly what you are used to at home so please be prepared to try a few new things.
We stay at 3 & 4 star hotels, resorts and local guest houses throughout this tour. All the accommodation we provide is comfortable with modern conveniences and private bathrooms.
Accommodation is provided on a twin share basis so if you are travelling alone be prepared to share your room with another member of the tour, male or female. Your tour leader will always strive to put you in a room with a suitable partner. Couples can request a room with a double bed.
There is a single room supplement fee of £600 if you are a solo traveller and prefer to have a private room just for yourself.
1. Your contract is with Madventure Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6809461) whose office is at 10 Ablett Close, Oxford, OX4 1XH, United Kingdom.
2. A deposit of £300 is payable at the time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable unless Madventure is unable to offer you a place or you cancel within 14 days of the initial booking date. Madventure guarantees not to increase the tour price once the deposit has been received.
3. A booking is made in the name of the client and is not transferable to another person. You are only permitted to transfer your deposit once to a future tour, after that a further £300 non-refundable deposit will be required to book another tour. Please note that you will be affected if you have transferred and there is a price increase as you will have to pay the current tour price at the time that the tour balance payment is due.
4. Eight months prior to departure a further payment must be received to cover 50% of the total tour price in order to secure your booking. This payment is non-refundable unless we can not provide the tour. The final 50% balance of your tour payment must then be paid in full at least four months prior to the tour start date at which time the tour will be confirmed to run. Once the tour is confirmed to run you will not receive any refunds of any monies paid. If the full payment is not received 4 months prior to departure Madventure may deem the booking cancelled and all monies paid will be forfeited. If you book within the 4 to 8 month period prior to departure a non-refundable 50% deposit of the total tour price should be paid upon booking. If you book within the 4 month period prior to departure the full non-refundable 100% tour payment must be paid upon booking.
5. Cancellation of a booking must be notified in writing and when received by Madventure any monies paid will be forfeited. You acknowledge that payment for the tour is an intrinsic part of the tour’s income and contributes towards the overall costs of equipment, vehicle running costs, staff administration, travel permits, etc. and Madventure will have incurred a large part of its costs before the actual departure date. You will not receive a refund of any amount after the tour has been confirmed to run (which will usually happen no later than 4 months prior to the tour departing). We therefore recommend you take out your travel insurance from the date you make your final tour balance payment, 4 months prior to departure, so you are insured if you have to withdraw off the tour. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy you may be able to reclaim these charges but it is your sole responsibility to do so and we accept no liability for any acts or omissions of your insurance company.
6. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your tour, but we do plan all tours many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your tour. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular tour is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your tour less than 4 months before your departure date (except for reasons of Force Majeure). If we are unable to provide the tour for any reason you can either have a full refund of all monies paid within 14 working days of the tour being cancelled or accept an offer of an alternative tour of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). In the event of the tour being cancelled prior to departure, all monies paid by you towards the tour cost only will be refunded. In the event of a cancellation Madventure is not responsible for reimbursing equipment, flights, visa costs, vaccinations, medication, etc. purchased by yourself so we therefore recommend you have suitable travel insurance to ensure these types of expenses are covered under the terms of your insurance policy as you may be able to reclaim these charges but it is your sole responsibility to do so and we accept no liability for any acts or omissions of your insurance company.
7. In the unlikely event of a Force Majeure situation that forces us to cancel the tour within 4 months of the planned departure date because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, you can either have a full refund of all monies paid within 14 working days of the tour being cancelled or accept an offer of an alternative tour of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). In the unlikely event of a Force Majeure situation that forces us to cancel or change the tour while it is underway because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control we will not refund you or pay you compensation, so we therefore recommend you have suitable travel insurance as if the reason for the tour cancellation while underway is covered under the terms of your insurance policy you may be able to reclaim these charges but it is your sole responsibility to do so and we accept no liability for any acts or omissions of your insurance company. Force Majeure situations can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, epidemics, pandemics, health risks, closed or congested airports, ports or stations, poor local infrastructure, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of transport by the transport supplier such as flights by airlines or main charterer, the alteration of transport or transport types, adverse weather conditions (actual or threatened), avalanche and technical failure with transport, Foreign & Commonwealth Office advice changing and advising against travel to the tour destination.
8. If you choose to leave the tour for any reason on your own accord once the tour is underway you will not receive any compensation from Madventure including any refunds of the tour payment and/or the local payment. We therefore recommend you have suitable travel insurance as if the reason for your departure is covered under the terms of your insurance policy you may be able to reclaim these charges but it is your sole responsibility to do so and we accept no liability for any acts or omissions of your insurance company.
9. We reserve the right at any time prior to the departure date, without prior consultation with yourself, to merge your tour with one or more other tours travelling at the same time. This will not constitute a major change and would usually just mean swapping vehicles.
10. The tour payment and local payment cover transport, accommodation, some related ferry and train tickets, meals and national park entry fees as specified on the website, repair of our expedition vehicle as well as repair and replacement of camping equipment including stools, cooking equipment & utensils.
11. The tour leader has sole responsibility for the local payment. Any local payment monies or stock remaining at the tour end are non-refundable.
12. You undertake to comply with the laws and regulations, whether in respect of health, immigration, currency exchange control, dress or any other matter of all the countries visited during the tour.
13. You undertake to obtain a valid passport and have enough blank pages in the passport for the tour and your specific passport and visa requirements. Immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates. We do not accept any responsibility and shall not be liable if you cannot travel or cannot participate in any part of the tour because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. You are responsible for obtaining and having available the necessary documents (including but not limited to full, current passport with enough blank pages to complete the trip and valid for at least 9 months from the last day of the tour and visas for all periods, countries and territories within the tour) enabling you to participate in the tour and shall comply with all local legislation and regulations of the countries in which the tour takes place (including immigration requirements, customs regulations and currency exchange). You shall indemnify us against any loss or expense that we may incur or suffer as a result of breach of this condition by you. We cannot guarantee visa prices and availability of visas. Ultimately visas are your own responsibility to obtain.
14. Madventure reserves the right to deviate from the advertised tour route if in their reasonable opinion such deviation is necessary for the safety or well-being of any or any one of the members of the tour or for the satisfactory progress of the tour. In the event of it becoming necessary to fly over a country or countries in order to satisfactorily and safely continue the tour, all costs of your flights will be borne by yourself.
15. Madventure accepts no responsibility for matters arising out of political disputes, border closures, epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters, climate, armed robbery, terrorism, etc. Should it become necessary to abandon a tour because of such an event Madventure will be entitled to retain all monies paid. We therefore recommend you have suitable travel insurance as if the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy you may be able to reclaim these charges but it is your sole responsibility to do so and we accept no liability for any acts or omissions of your insurance company.
16. You accept that owing to the nature of countries visited, all tours involve an element of personal risk and are of a potentially hazardous and unpredictable nature. In many countries we visit, the basic infrastructure, such as roads, is very poor and therefore less safe than that familiar to people from many western countries. In particular, lack of road markings or warning signs, unmarked speed bumps, seasonal flooding of roads and bridges, local vehicles which are poorly maintained and driven and which are hazardous to other road users etc. are factors beyond the control of Madventure. You accept that in some areas we drive off-road and that this involves personal risk when the expedition vehicle can be negotiating rough terrain. Madventure owns and operates many of its own expedition vehicles and employs its own crew. Where stated, locally arranged transport and crew, including trains, ferries, buses or coaches are used. Where Madventure’s own vehicles and/or crew are not used for the above services, you agree that the obligation of Madventure to yourself is to select normally competent, independent subcontractors to provide the necessary services related to the tour and to exercise reasonable care in selecting such suppliers to provide these. You also accept that you undertake this tour at your own risk and your participation is your own decision and does not form any part of your contract with Madventure. Madventure does not take responsibility for cancellations, unreliability of services or safety of operators, agents or contractors.
17. You accept that local emergency facilities are usually of a very limited nature. Hospitals outside of large cities often have no accident and emergency facilities and emergency transport facilities can be non-existent.
18. If you have a problem during your trip please inform the tour leader immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally please follow this up by emailing or writing to our office giving all other relevant information and, where possible, evidence. We must receive any such complaint no later than 28 days from the date of completion of your tour in order to take appropriate action. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you.
19. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any personal possessions (including but not limited to cameras, jewellery, valuables and money) which is carried on or in our vehicles, carried on public transport or transport supplied by independent subcontractors, left in accommodation provided by us or our suppliers during a trip or left in our care during a tour. Such items are carried and/or left at your own risk.
20. Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on our tour are not part of your tour arrangements provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator. You accept that the prices quoted for optional activities are approximate as local prices can and do change. Any of the optional activities listed are not necessarily endorsed or recommended by Madventure. You also accept that you undertake any activity at your own risk and your participation is your own decision and does not form any part of your contract with Madventure. Madventure does not take responsibility for cancellations, unreliability of services or safety of operators, agents or contractors.
21. Whilst a tour is in progress you will at all times be expected to act in accordance with all reasonable instructions from us and/or the tour leader. We may exclude you from the tour or any part thereof at any time (including during the tour itself) if we are of the opinion that you are likely to prejudice the good order, discipline or safety of the tour, including as a result of failing to comply with the tour leader’s instructions, breaking any law or regulation of any country where the tour takes place or failing to adhere to the tour code of conduct, provided that we exercise our discretion reasonably in this regard. In such an event you shall reimburse to us any reasonable costs, losses or expenses which we incur or suffer as a result of our decision to exclude you from the tour, and Madventure shall cease to have any responsibility to/for you. No refund will be given for any unused services.
22. By completing the booking form you confirm that you appreciate the risks involved in the tour and that you do not suffer (or have ever suffered) from any pre-existing medical condition that may prevent you from actively participating in the tour other than those that have been declared to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit enough to undertake the tour and to ensure that you have received the necessary vaccinations and medications (and taken them as prescribed by your doctor) relevant to the destination country. Unless informed otherwise in writing we will assume that you are in good health and are not aware of any reason why you may be unsuitable to take part in the tour. We recommend that you consult your doctor before making a booking to ensure that you are medically fit and are fully aware regarding the immunizations and medical issues related to your destination countries. If you have any pre-existing medical condition, illness or disability, are undergoing medical treatment or, since entering into the contract, develop any medical condition, illness or disability or undergo any medical treatment; you will give us full particulars at the earliest opportunity and at the latest sixty (60) days before the departure date. If it is later discovered that a pre-existing condition was not declared within the specified time, and such condition would, if we had knowledge of it, have led to our refusal to accept or to cancel your booking, we reserve the right to withdraw you from the trip without any refund or recompense. In such an event, you shall reimburse to us any reasonable costs, losses or expenses which we incur or suffer as a result. In the event of you being withdrawn from a tour, no refunds will be given and we will not be responsible for (and you agree to indemnify us against) any costs, claims, losses and expenses arising including costs of repatriation, eg. flights and legal expenses. By agreeing to these conditions, you provide your consent to us and our insurers obtaining your medical records should we consider it necessary. You will be responsible for any charges for the provision of the information. We reserve the right to inspect your vaccination book at any time and to withdraw you from the tour in the event that you have not received and/or taken all the requisite inoculations and/or medication. If the information provided by you is incorrect and we discover that the correct information affects your suitability to take part in the tour, we may terminate the contract and withdraw you from the tour without refund or recompense, including during the trip. You agree and acknowledge that certain activities undertaken whilst you are on the tour may be inherently hazardous and have risks associated with them. You agree to abide by all instructions given to you whilst you are on the tour and you acknowledge that we cannot be held responsible for any injuries that may arise as a result of you failing to comply with such instructions.
23. You must be covered by personal travel insurance to undertake any Madventure tour. We recommend you take out a travel insurance policy that covers you fully against the cost of tour cancellation by you or by Force Majeure, medical care and repatriation should you become too ill to continue and above all covers you against the cost of air evacuation should sickness or injury necessitate such a course of action. You should also note that passenger liability insurance covering vehicles, particularly in third world countries, may be inadequate. It is therefore important that your travel insurance cover makes sufficient provision for your dependents in the event of an accident. Please note however that we have no control over the availability or standard of medical and repatriation services and facilities in the areas we visit and these do not form any part of our contract with you. Please remember that many of the areas we visit are not as developed as the UK and the availability and standard of such services may well be lower. Please read your travel insurance policy details carefully and take them with you when you travel. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. We do not check individual insurance policies for suitability.
24. It is understood that on the Madventure tours where we use our own expedition vehicles the sections of the tour that travel through Europe, USA, Canada and Mexico are provided to you free of charge. You will not have to pay any additional fee to travel through Europe, USA, Canada and Mexico with us but it is understood that we do not operate for hire and reward in these areas. We do this purely as a legality in order to operate our specialised overland vehicle in these areas legally.
25. Privacy & Data Protection – we shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data (as defined in the European GDPR act 2018 and the UK Data Protection Act 2018) and we do not store our customers financial details. When you make a booking, you do however consent to all the information you provide being passed on to our suppliers, agents, subcontractors, employees or volunteers whether based inside or outside of Europe for the purposes of us providing you with the tour.
26. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you consent (unless otherwise stated on your application form) to our staff taking photographs and or video footage of you during the tour and that these images may be used by us for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, brochures, websites, marketing material and in the media.
27. We shall be entitled to novate or assign the contract or any part of it to any third party. You shall not be entitled to assign the contract or any part of it. This contract is made on the terms of these conditions, which are governed by English law, and subject to the provisions of condition you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If any of these conditions is found by any court or other competent authority to be wholly or partly unfair or unenforceable the validity of the rest of the booking conditions and the rest of the condition in question shall not be affected and shall remain valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law. A reference in these conditions to a statute, convention or regulation shall be as a reference to that statute convention or regulation as amended, re-enacted or extended at the relevant time. The headings in these conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation. Where the context otherwise requires, words importing the singular meaning shall include the plural meaning and vice versa and words denoting the masculine gender shall include the feminine and neuter genders. Where the context so admits, words denoting persons shall include natural persons, companies, corporations, firms, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, joint trips, trusts, voluntary associations and other incorporated and/or unincorporated bodies or other entities (in each case, whether or not having separate legal personality) and all such words shall be construed interchangeably in that manner.
28. The information given on the website, on social media, in newsletters, in the brochure and other literature supplied is given in good faith but no warranty is given that it is correct.
29. No servant, agent or authorised representative of Madventure has authority to commit Madventure to any liability whatsoever and Madventure will not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by one of the directors.
30. ABTA – We are members of ABTA, membership no. Y6801. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com
31. Financial Protection – In accordance with the UK Package Travel & Linked Travel Regulations 2018, Directive (EU) 2015/2302 or the local applicable law in the country of residence of the passenger(s) booking with Madventure Ltd are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies received by us, including repatriation costs and arrangements, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Madventure Ltd.
The respective laws according to the country of residence of the passenger(s) usually only requires us to provide cover for Package & Linked Travel Arrangements, there is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips or single elements, and none is provided unless the local law requires such. If you have questions on this then please contact Madventure Ltd.
Madventure Ltd has taken out an insurance provided by International Passenger Protection Ltd (IPP) with Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SE (LMIE) trading as Liberty Specialty Markets, a member of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. LMIE’s registered office: 5-7 rue Leon Laval, L-3372, Leudelange, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Registered Number B232280 (Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés). LMIE is a European public limited liability company and is supervised by the Commissariat aux Assurances and licensed by the Luxembourg Minister of Finance as an insurance and reinsurance company. This insurance is only valid for passengers who book and pay directly with/to Madventure Ltd.
In the event of our insolvency please make contact as soon as practically possible giving full details of what has happened quoting the name of your Travel Operator:
For UK & Worldwide excluding EU Passengers
IPP Claims at Sedgwick
Telephone: +44 (0) 345 266 1872
or online at http://www.ipplondon.co.uk/claims.asp
For EU Passengers
IPP Claims at Sedgwick
Telephone: +31 103120666
or online at https://www.ipplondon.co.uk/claims.asp
As breakfasts, accommodation, transport and entrance fees are included during this tour you won’t need much spending money. We therefore recommend a budget of £400 per person to live comfortably during this tour. This budget should cover day to day things like the lunches & dinners that are not included, snacks, soft drinks, etc.
Souvenirs are something that can be very cheap or very expensive so if you are going to be buying things like silk carpets you should budget for it.
We recommend you bring all of your spending money on your credit/debit card as they generally accept cards everywhere in Saudi Arabia.
ATM’s are also widely available for you to draw local currency using your credit/debit card.
To keep your money/credit cards/ipod/camera/laptop safe you may want to consider purchasing a ‘Pacsafe Travelsafe’ product. They offer various size portable anti-theft bags that can be attached to the vehicle when travelling and also attached to any immovable object when off the vehicle.
Below is general information and recommendations regarding visas and passports. Visas are ultimately your own responsibility to obtain and visa requirements may vary according to your nationality and place of application, so use the information below as a guide only. Madventure is in no way responsible for obtaining your visas or passports.
Most nationalities can now obtain an online e-visa to visit Saudi Arabia. The visa processing time is usually within minutes and the cost of the visa including insurance is approximately £100.
Nationalities that can’t get an e-visa should check the requirements with their closest Saudi Arabian embassy.
Please ensure you have 1 free page in your passport in order to accommodate immigration stamps and ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the tour end date.
Currently you do not need to be vaccinated against Covid 19 to enter Saudi Arabia however, this is only a recent development and if Saudi Arabia changes their rules and decides to require it again before or during your tour then Madventure will not be held responsible.
Travellers who are vaccinated against Covid 19, please have a digital colour copy of your Covid 19 vaccination certificate with QR code (5 – 100 Kb in size) downloaded to your phone/tablet/laptop.
No other vaccinations are compulsory either but as vaccination requirements are constantly changing we recommend you seek the latest professional medical advice at least 8 weeks before departure to ensure you allow yourself enough time to obtain any you may wish to have. Nomad Travel’s website has up-to-date information on vaccinations and other general medical advice, and they also administer vaccinations at their Travel Clinics in various locations within the UK.
Alternatively speak with your local Health Professionals for current accurate information. You will need to make an appointment with your GP or Travel Clinic and take a list of the countries you are visiting and the approximate dates when you will be there.
MEDICALLY FIT & ABLE
You need to be in good general health for this tour and be reasonably fit and able. You do not need to be super-fit by any means and all ages are welcome. We always attract a very broad age range on these tours, from people in their 20’s through to people in their 70’s.
Please inform us of any medical conditions that you have before departure so that your crew knows how to deal with a medical situation if it should arise. All information will be kept confidential unless you request us to inform your fellow travellers. For example, it may be wise to inform fellow travellers if you are allergic to something like bee-stings so they know what to do if you get stung.
FIRST AID KIT
The tour leader carries a first aid kit during the tour but it is recommended that you bring your own basic first aid kit for general use.
It is compulsory that every person who travels with Madventure obtain travel insurance for the complete duration of the tour. Proof of travel insurance must be shown before joining a tour.
When applying for your e-visa you may be given the option to include local Saudi Arabian travel insurance which may be the cheapest option for you.
As this is a short tour you may also be covered under your credit card’s travel insurance so it may be worth checking with your credit card provider too.
There are various travel insurance companies to choose from and a Google search will bring up a vast selection but for a comprehensive reliable policy that includes Covid Cover and Medical Repatriation we recommend a London based company named Campbell Irvine – Telephone: +44 20 7938 1734, https://microsite.campbellirvinedirect.com/madventure/ They are familiar with what we do so if you mention Madventure and the tour you are travelling on they should be able to provide excellent cover for you.
For people based in North America a company called Allianz offers good cover – Telephone: +1 866 884 3556, www.allianztravelinsurance.com
If you choose to obtain your travel insurance through another company please ensure you read the small-print and make sure you are covered for Medical Repatriation.
Backpack/sports bag/suitcase: We recommend you carry your luggage in a backpack but irrespective if you prefer a sports bag or a suitcase you are restricted to a maximum 100 litre volume.
Day bag: You are also permitted to bring a day bag with a maximum 40 litre volume.
Pacsafe: to keep your money/credit cards/tablet/camera/laptop safe you may want to consider purchasing a ‘Pacsafe Travelsafe’ product. They offer various size portable anti-theft bags that can be attached to the vehicle when travelling and also attached to any immovable object when off the vehicle.
Kindle: optional but great to keep all your travel guides and books in 1 place.
Ipad/Tablet: not a necessity but most places have WiFi available these days so having your own Ipad or Tablet will save you hanging around internet cafes.
Smartphone: not a necessity but very convenient for taking photos and keeping in touch with friends & family.
Camera: completely up to you but most people use their phones.
Sunblock: a minimum SPF 15 recommended.
Sunglasses: polarised lenses offer great protection.
Toiletries: available everywhere but start with some toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, deodorant, soap and shampoo.
First aid kit: only a basic one is recommended but should include plasters, antiseptic cream, bandage, pain relief tablets, scissors and safety pins.
Digital Covid 19 vaccination certificate: If you are vaccinated please have a digital colour copy of your Covid 19 vaccination certificate with QR code (5 – 100 Kb in size) downloaded to your phone/tablet/laptop.
Passport: Please ensure you have 1 blank page in your passport to accommodate the immigration stamps required on this tour. and ensure your passport is valid for at least 7 months after your departure date.
Clothes & shoes:
1 x flip flops
1 x walking shoes, trainers or boots
4 x socks
4 x underwear
4 x t-shirts
1 x lightweight long sleeve top
1 x fleece top or fleece jacket (winter tours only)
1 x waterproof jacket
2 x zip-off trousers which can be worn long or short
1 x ‘abaya’ for the ladies
1 x headscarf for the ladies
1 x thermal beanie or woolly hat (winter tours only)
1 x baseball cap
1 x swimming trunks/bikini
Saudi Arabia was once a conservative Islamic country but over the last few years change has swept through the country and people are now much more free to wear western style clothing.
Females no longer need to wear headscarves (hijab) and the traditional ‘abaya’ if they don’t want to. These days it is not uncommon to see women wearing jeans and t-shirts however we still recommend that our female travellers err on the side of caution and have a headscarf handy along with a long loose shirt that covers their arms and hangs down to mid-thigh level. Women will need that to get into many of the religious sites too.
Males no longer need to wear long trousers or the traditional Arabian attire if they don’t want to either and many younger men are seen wearing shorts & t-shirts during the day. We still recommend men err on the side of caution and wear long trousers as that will also ensure you get access to all the sites we visit.
Alcohol and drugs are illegal in Saudi Arabia and they enforce severe punishment for being caught in possession so don’t be fooled into thinking you can sneak a couple of bottles of wine into the country because you could get yourself into serious trouble. If you are offered alcohol at any point during the tour please do not accept as you not only jeopardise your own freedom but also the well-being of the entire group.
Public displays of affection are uncommon and it would also be deemed unusual to shake a woman’s hand when meeting her.
In general Saudi Arabia is a very friendly, modern, clean and hassle-free destination. If we all respect Saudi traditions, culture & religion we will have an unforgettable experience in one of the most welcoming countries in the Middle East.
At Madventure we like to go through every aspect of the tour with you to ensure that you are as informed & prepared as possible. We believe in giving you the nitty-gritty details as well as the obvious highlights as in our opinion these are just as important. We want to explain the tour in as much detail as possible so you know what to expect and be sure you are suited to one of our adventures. If after reading this, you decide that this tour is not for you then as long as it is within 14 days of your initial booking you can cancel your booking and receive a full refund of your deposit.
The following may sound a little negative at times, but it’s just so we are secure in the knowledge that we have provided you with as much information as possible, the good and the bad, to ensure everybody is completely aware of exactly what type of trips we run for the benefit of you, us and your fellow travellers as there is nothing worse than getting someone booking on the trip when it is not what they actually wanted or expected. You need to know what you are in for and be able to handle it!
You must be medically fit and able to ensure you can participate in all aspects of the tour including carrying your own bags to the hotels, walking around the sites we visit, etc. You do not need to be super fit by any means but if you want to do the longer walks you do need to be reasonably fit.
When things go wrong: Please be prepared to expect the unexpected and accept that things will go wrong from time to time. These instances are usually the stories that remain with everyone so enjoy the experience. An easy-going approach will help the situation immensely. Moaning about every little thing that doesn’t go our way will not!
Attitude & Group Living: An easy-going attitude will help you enjoy this tour and ensure you are liked by your fellow travellers as well as the locals. The one thing that is extremely detrimental to any tour is your common ‘moaner’. It has nothing to do with age, gender or nationality, it just matters that although they signed up for the tour ‘in theory’ they cannot cope ‘in practice’ and it’s always got to be someone’s fault. It sounds a bit harsh but by weeding out any moaners early on we can have a chat with them and ensure your tour is as good as it can be.
We have no age restrictions and if there is one thing we have come to realise, through experience, is that it’s the mental attitude that counts the most and a broader age range is better on this tour as it stops the stereotyping – the more in the mix the better.
We can guarantee that at some stage during the tour you will have to just fit in and go with the flow when it’s not what you personally wanted to do. When situations arise where we can’t please everybody we always aim to please the majority of the group, not the individual.
Please be aware that if any particular person is constantly causing the rest of the group (or the crew) grief due to their behaviour they will be warned and then asked to leave the tour if nothing improves and no refund will be given. This is obviously the most extreme situation but we will not let one or two disruptive individuals spoil it for everybody else. Everybody knows the score from the start and this is for everyone’s benefit. Usually everybody on our tours has a relaxed approach and everybody gets on very well.
Travel times & proposed itineraries: We have designed this tour to visit all the highlights of Saudi Arabia in a comfortable timeframe and have plenty of time to look around the sites.
We usually set off at 08H00 after breakfast, have various stops during the day to see the sites and arrive at our destinations before nightfall.
It is unlikely to happen but sometimes we do have to alter our route slightly and the itinerary may have to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances.
Delays: We always strive to arrive at our destinations on time but if we experience any delays we will adjust our itinerary accordingly.
Drugs & alcohol: Please be aware that drugs such as marijuana and cocaine as well as all alcoholic beverages are illegal in Saudi Arabia and they enforce severe punishment for being caught in possession. NEVER carry any illegal drugs or alcohol on this tour as you would not only jeopardise your own freedom but also the well-being of the entire group if you are caught in possession.
If you are caught with any kind of illegal drugs or alcohol on this tour, regardless of the amount, you will be asked to leave the tour immediately and no refund will be given.
This is a well-enforced rule as any inconsideration can lead to the tour being cancelled and innocent people arrested. We will not hesitate to remove someone if we have to so please respect your fellow tour members.
Dress: Saudi Arabia was once a conservative Islamic country but over the last few years change has swept through the country and people are now much more free to wear western style clothing.
Females no longer need to wear headscarves (hijab) and the traditional ‘abaya’ if they don’t want to. These days it is not uncommon to see women wearing jeans and t-shirts however we still recommend that our female travellers err on the side of caution and have a headscarf handy along with a long shirt that covers their arms and hangs down to mid-thigh level. You will need that to get into many of the religious sites too.
Males no longer need to wear long trousers or the traditional Arabian attire if they don’t want to and many younger men are seen wearing shorts & t-shirts during the day. We still recommend men err on the side of caution and wear long trousers as that will also ensure you get access to all the sites we visit.
Your Crew: You will have a crew of 1 experienced tour leader who will be responsible for the overall well-being of the group and will sort out all the transport, accommodation, permits, entrance fees, etc. and ensure the smooth running of the tour. Your tour leader will have a good general knowledge of all the sites we visit but is not responsible for giving you the detailed history of every site we visit, local guides can be arranged to provide that type of information.
You will also have local drivers who drive the private buses & 4×4’s that we will be travelling on.
On some tours we may also have a cameraman who is there to help market our tours and update our social media accounts.
Tipping: Tipping the crew at the end of your tour is always appreciated if you feel they have done a good job. We recommend you tip your crew a minimum of $50 each at the end of the tour. Thank you.
For more on our travel offers, click these links to the many services we offer –North and Central America Budget Group Overland Adventure Tours – North & Central America Adventure Tours – North & Central America Budget Tours – North & Central America Group Tours – North & Central America Overland Tours – South America Adventure Tour – South America Budget Overland Group Adventure Tour – South America Budget Tour – South America Group Tour – South America Overland Tour – African Adventure Tours – Africa Budget Tours – Africa Group Tours – Africa Overland Budget Group Adventure Tours – Africa Overland Tours – 5 Stans Budget Overland Group Adventure Tours – 5 Stans Adventure Tour – 5 Stans Budget Tour – 5 Stans Group Tour – 5 Stans Overland Tour- Adventure Tours – Central Asia Overland Tours – Central Asia Adventure Tours – Central Asia Budget Overland Group Adventure Tours – Central Asia Budget Tours – Central Asia Group Tours – Iceland Overland Budget Group Adventure – Iceland Adventure Tour – Iceland Budget Tour – Iceland Group Tour – Iceland Overland Tour – India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh & Pakistan Budget Group Overland Adventure Tours – Middle East Budget Overland Group Adventure Tours – Silk Road Budget Tours – Silk Road Adventure Tours – Silk Road Budget Overland Group Adventure Tours – Silk Road Group Tours – Silk Road Overland Tours – Gap Year Tours – Overland Tours – Saudi Arabia Adventure Tours – Saudi Arabia Budget Overland Group Adventure Tours – Saudi Arabia Budget Tours – Saudi Arabia Group Tours – Saudi Arabia Overland Tours – American Budget Overland Adventure Tours – Africa Budget Overland Adventure Tours – 5 Stans & Central Asia Budget Tours – Silk Road Overland Tours – Central Asia Overland Tours – Silk Road Group Tours – Central Asia Group Tours – Iceland Overland Budget Tour – Silk Road Budget Tours – Central Asia Budget Tours – Gap Year Adventure Tours – Budget Overland Adventure Tours – Overland Tours – About Adventure Travel – Adventure Tours